Cart abandonment is an issue that occurs when the user adds products to the cart, moves to checkout, and leaves at the payment gateway. They may research a lot and even like the products, but till they reach the payment, they may face some challenges. This can be no preferred payment mode, low speed of the website, an interruption, etc.
It is easier to retain cart abandoners than attract new customers because these users already like your products. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how you can resolve the cart abandonment issue, especially in your dropshipping business.
We can reduce cart abandonment of online shopping carts by improving the checkout process, increasing payment mode availability, and creating a quick exit portal. Let’s see how we can achieve all this.
1. The Shock Of Shipping: Reduce It
The reason why a user might go through the payment on AliExpress but not on your dropshipping store is the price of shipping. On AliExpress, there are so many shipping options that are low priced or free and also quick. You need to offer the same to your users.
If cart abandonment happens for online shopping carts, then this is the biggest reason. So, here’s what you can do:
- Explain shipping methods on the product page only.
- If a product has free shipping, highlight it.
- Create an offer for free shipping above [some amount].
- Markup shipping and offer a discount on the same.
2. Create Trust For Payment Modes
As a customer, would you hand over your cart to a stranger? With an increase in cyber threats, do you think it is feasible to pay through any payment portal? You can include new payment portals but don’t forget the trusted providers.
If you have used a new payment mode and you are facing high cart abandonment, then make some changes.
- Include trusted payment modes, such as PayPal, Stripe, etc.
- If you can’t do that, then offer cash on delivery. For this, you have to set up an extra mechanism to get products delivered to you and then send them to the user. This can be a hassle.
- Provide payment protection details to users.
- Allow customers to visualize that the payment mode is safe through a video or introductory guide given by the payment mode provider.
3. Have An Exit Plan
An exit plan in e-commerce, dropshipping, and cart abandonment is to offer value to users. It is possible that your users might just add products to the cart and leave an online shopping cart because they don’t find any value or they are skeptical. To push them on the payment page, include value-generated content on the platform. This can be anything:
- A popup asking the user to grab the deal now
- Discount for first-time users
- Free shipping
- Contest announcements
But, you have to strategically use popups on the cart abandonment page. This is because you don’t want to ruin the experience of the user by taking up the entire screen. Just popping up the offer again and again on the screen will encourage the user to leave the online shopping cart in place of completing the purchase.
4. Offer Better Customer Support
Let’s compare the cart abandonment issue with a real-life scenario:
You are in store purchasing clothes. You can’t find the relevant size and you really like the T-shirt. What would you do? Wouldn’t you want to check with the staff once if they have something in the back?
If in this case, you can’t find anyone to help you, wouldn’t you just leave?
This is poor customer service.
Online too, if you fail to respond to your users, they may leave immediately, which will lead to high cart abandonment.
Here are the mediums you can use to offer customer service:
- Live chat
- Social media
5. Send Emails For Abandoned Cart
One of the best cart abandonment strategies of all time is to send an email to users once they leave the cart. You wait for the right amount of time, such as for 4-5 hours, and then send an email to the user reminding them of the online shopping cart.
For this, you can use a tool and integrate services like MailChimp to automatically send cart abandonment messages at the right time.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for online shopping cart abandonment email:
- Always select a catchy title or subject line. This should immediately grab the attention of the user.
- Highlight the USPs of the product or that it is running out of stock.
- Focus on offering simple but attractive content copy in the email copy.
- Provide a discount for making a purchase in the next 24 hours.
Cart abandonment emails are prepared according to your customers. You have to check how well they respond and then use that strategy to reduce online shopping cart abandonment.
6. Improve Page Speed
The last cart abandonment issue is page speed. Many times, if the user is not able to reach the payment page, they leave the website instead. So, you need to focus on creating a website that opens every page quickly.
For this, you can achieve the following:
- Use lower size images and media, such as Tiny PNG
- Reduce plugins and GIFs
- Hire someone to improve page speed on your website
- Test your checkout process
7. Use A Dropshipping Tool
Using a dropshipping tool can help you analyze the health of your dropshipping store and the reason behind cart abandonment. With the help of this data, you can easily reduce your cart abandonment on the online shopping cart.
- Through DSers dropshipping tool, you can prepare and use offers for cart abandoners.
- Based on the order, DSers helps you optimize your shipping costs. It has a smart AI engine that allows finding an optimum shipping option.
- You can improve the speed of customer care because DSers integrate all the AliExpress orders to the dashboard. From this dashboard, you can extract data in minutes and help your customers.
Some amazing features of DSers dropshipping tool are:
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
- Whether you are working with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, or all of them, you can integrate multiple platforms with DSers.
- DSers has an intelligent seller optimization feature that helps you find the seller most optimum for your purchase. Through AI capabilities, the tool finds a seller offering low pricing and better quality.
- You can place all those pending orders on DSers at once. Just a few clicks and you are good to go.
- You can create a rule for pricing on your store for one or multiple categories. Based on this rule, your products are marked up automatically as you publish them.
Reducing cart abandonment helps you improve your sales and quickly gain new leads. Sometimes, just sending an email can help you regain these customers. So check the above tips and start gaining more conversions in your dropshipping store.
The best way to achieve success in reducing cart abandonment of online shopping carts is a dropshipping tool like DSers. It has so many features that help you streamline other important business functions as well. Read more about DSers dropshipping tool on our website now!