Candles are simple to source and sell. There’s very little that can go wrong with candles. If you select the right combination of scents, you need to check the materials used, and evaluate the product quantity or size. You can create a candle dropshipping business without much hassle. This may become your steady source of income.
So, are you interested in dropshipping candles? We have some important tips to help you step up your candle dropshipping business.
The first question that dropshippers might ask is: can you really dropship candles? There are very few businesses out there dropshipping candles, and people don’t even like buying candles from a marketplace.
The idea here is to be really selective about your product, keep a nominal range, and market your product well. If you carefully craft your strategy, you may be able to make a profitable candle dropshipping business.
To help you design the right dropshipping model here, we have created a checklist for business owners. Go through the list, check what you are missing, and start your candle dropshipping business.
Type of Candle
The first thing is to decide the type of candle that you want to dropship. There are so many options on the market. Ideally, the type of candle you are selling can also become your USP very easily.
- The first one is paraffin wax, which is an inexpensive alternative. You can use this wax for different types of candles. Most tea light candles are made with paraffin wax.
- Soy candles are more popular because they are renewable and natural options. These candles don’t harm the environment and offer you a cleaner scent and function.
- The third category is scented candles, which have a mild scent of a specific kind. Usually, essential oils are used in candles to make them more soothing. We can prepare scented candles with both soy and paraffin wax.
- There’s a new category becoming popular: beeswax or vegan candles. These are plant-based waxes with no animal by-products.
- We also find decorative candles in the market. These candles are available in a range of shapes and scents prepared with soy and paraffin wax depending on the budget of the customer.
You need to understand the type of candles available on AliExpress to see the pricing difference and relevant market for the same. For example, soy wax candles are normally more expensive compared to paraffin candles.
The next thing is to select the target market. When you know the type of audience you are reaching out to, it is simpler to select the category of candles. Some target audience examples are:
- A mass-market promoted scented candles without the ingredients and other details. You want to reach out to your customers on a tight budget and source candles for as little as USD 5–10.
- The mid-market is a smaller section of the audience than the mass market, but it is larger than the next category. This category has one specific requirement that makes the product unique. For example, particular scents like basil, grapefruit, etc.
- The last type of market is the prestige market, which is a small segment. This segment is ready to pay more for dedicated candles. For example, in this market, you may come across people who are ready to give you USD 20 or USD 50 for soy wax candles with natural scents.
Based on your research in the first section, you should decide which section of the audience you want to serve.
Once you have decided on the type of candle and market, you should create a buyer’s persona. Your buyer’s persona will help you decide the exact products from the AliExpress store.
This means you need to search for the product, check its specifications, and see if it fits your audience.
For example, for a prestigious audience, you should look for soy wax candles with particular scents and the right sizes.
Once you have shortlisted your candle products for the dropshipping store, you should order one sample of each. This will help you click pictures, test the candles, see the material, package quality, and analyze the overall deal.
Create a Store
After completing all the above tasks, you should create a store on Shopify.
There’s no doubt about the fact that Shopify is the best way to create an online e-commerce store on a budget. You have so many theme options, and there’s practically no coding required. Don’t forget to try the free version to see whether it meets business requirements or not.
Once you have a store on Shopify, you can use a dropshipping tool like DSers to manage your supply chain. DSers is a valuable AliExpress dropshipping tool that allows seamless supply chain management. It includes selecting the right seller for a product through an AI-based engine, tracking product orders through integrated AliExpress and other tools, and managing bulk orders.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
Having the right dropshipping website paired with a robust tool helps you operate without any hassle. You could end up offering an optimum shopping experience to your users.
Uniquely Identify Your Brand
Now that you have product categories, a website, and the right tool, you should identify your brand.
What makes you unique?
How do your candles help your customers know that they should buy from you?
Here are some factors that you should define to understand the uniqueness of your brand:
- Are you selling natural, soy candles? Are you sourcing soy or natural alternatives?
- Are you selling unique scented candles that are not easily available?
- Do you offer good packaging? For example, candles in a beautiful blue-pottery pot.
- Are you selling candles at competitive pricing?
For example, a business that is selling scented soy candles at affordable pricing can create a unique selling point like this:
Natural, eco-friendly, and affordable! Soothing scents that make you want to relax and enjoy.
The above step was to help you market your brand. To market your brand, you should know your audience and USP. When you know both, you can reach out to your customer via social media.
You have to start marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms. If possible, create short videos related to your products and add them to your YouTube channel. But, we understand that only a few dropshipping businesses use YouTube, so you can use Instagram and Facebook as your main social media targets. This platform will help you attract new leads, improve sales, and ensure brand visibility.
Candle dropshipping may seem like an out-of-the-league option for your online business. However, doesn’t that also make this idea so special? You can easily find different types of candles on the AliExpress marketplace. All you have to do is carefully evaluate the description and specifications and check samples. This will help you source valuable products for your customers.
When you have a large customer base, you can also connect with the seller to offer customized packages to your customers for an added personalized touch. Once you are in the candle dropshipping business, there are so many other options to keep growing and increasing your revenue.