AliExpress is a widely known website for dropshipping businesses. Many, many dropshippers use product listings on this e-commerce store to cater to user requirements. So, how can you sell these products on eBay?
Let’s find out. This post will cover how you can dropship from AliExpress to eBay.
Before we move to the process, here’s what dropshipping is:
A dropshipping business finds products sold by different sellers, such as from AliExpress. From here, these businesses market and advertise their products. Many use Shopify for this purpose, but you can also sell AliExpress’s products on eBay. Once your users place an order, you can directly ship from your AliExpress seller to your users.
If you are going to advertise and dropship AliExpress products on eBay, we need to understand if it is even allowed.
Only recently, eBay has modified its policy and allowed dropshipping from marketplaces like Walmart, Amazon, or AliExpress. So, you can dropship from AliExpress to eBay but check its policy first. While it is legal to dropship in this manner, eBay has its own compliance rules. Following these will help you legally run and grow your business.
The first thing to keep in mind is that you need to start setting up a dropshipping business that is sustainable and reliable. With proper processes and workflows, not only can you improve your growth opportunities but also mitigate risks associated with dropshipping businesses, such as wrong out-of-stock notifications, delayed deliveries, etc.
To optimize your eBay dropshipping business, here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Identify Trending Products
Start by analyzing products that you need to sell from AliExpress through your eBay dropshipping business.
Some details to check are:
- Buyer satisfaction
- Seller review
- Available quantity
Let’s start with buyer satisfaction and seller reviews. If you see somewhere between 500-1000 seller reviews, you should know that this is a new AliExpress seller. For your eBay dropshipping business, you need well-known sellers, at least in the beginning. Here, you can’t really rely on buyer satisfaction, as the seller has sold to only a small group of customers.
Now, you can also check the quantity of the product available. For example, 2-10 may be problematic if you are offering bulk orders. Check it in relevance to your users’ requirements.
Lastly, the most crucial factor is the sales number. If the seller has already sold 30-50 of this product, you can rely on the seller. You can click on the sold section and track the recent purchases. If you see high traction in the near past, you can add this product to your eBay dropshipping list.
For instance, if the seller has sold 40 units of these products and 30 were sold in the past ten days only, you are good to go.
Step 2: Identify Dropshipping Sellers on AliExpress
You need to know if you can find the same products at affordable prices. There are many AliExpress sellers offering the same products at different pricing. Therefore, as an eBay dropshipping business, you should get an optimum price for better margins. Hence, you can randomly search on AliExpress and use filters for better shipping options.
If you have used the right keyword and filters, you would find at least one or two alternatives. You can also sort the product according to the lowest price to find a relevant listing fast.
You are more likely to find a cheaper deal on the first try as well. If you can’t, then you can use an eBay dropshipping tool to find an affordable seller. We will discuss this next.
Step 3: Use a Dropshipping Tool
When you are starting your eBay dropshipping business, a dropshipping tool can help you improve seller selection, shipment management, and other tasks.
DSers is one of the best e-commerce eBay dropshipping tools to easily process, track, and manage your orders. From placing bulk orders to using AI-based seller selection, DSers help you streamline your eBay dropshipping business. Let’s understand how:
- In your eBay dropshipping business, you always need to improve your margins. This is only possible if you find a seller offering affordable rates. DSers uses an AI-powered engine to find you the best and optimum seller. You can improve your margins and increase fulfilment efficiency.
- When you need to place a bulk order, placing every order separately is very time consuming. Without DSers, you would be stuck with manual tasks. DSers help you place bulk orders with a click. Place every purchase order created by your customers quickly.
- To create a bundle of products from a seller, AliExpress offers minimal options. DSers, on the other hand, helps you easily create bundles of products and create a pack discount or marketing plan. You can place this pack order easily from your DSers dashboard.
- Every order that has been placed or purchased from AliExpress by your eBay dropshipping business will update on DSers dashboard automatically. This means as soon as the order is shipped, you can track it from the dashboard. It is also possible to inform your users of the status this way.
- Fortunately, the order status is updated in DSers automatically. From order placement to fulfillment, you can track every single change.
- You can update the stock of a product from a certain seller on eBay dropshipping store. For example, if only 5 quantities of a product are available on AliExpress, your eBay listing will display the same.
Step 4: Pay a Fee To PayPal and eBay
The last step is to pay a fee to eBay as well as PayPal. Both eBay and PayPal take a transaction fee, sometimes, to process your order.
Usually, you need to manually include these charges in the final pricing when selling products. But, DSers help you automate this feature as well. You can customize calculations for product pricing on eBay, and the DSers tool automatically calculates the final price and helps you list your products.
What would you do when you need to return an item?
It is possible that your customers may not like the product shipped by the AliExpress seller. What would you do then?
In this case, you need a return policy. This policy should be as stringent as possible to ensure you are not stuck with products you can’t return. If you fail to set this policy, you may have to use eBay’s return policy, which can be entirely different from your requirements. So, the first thing is to determine the return policy. After that, use the DSers tool to create a pipeline for returns as well.
If you follow the above steps, you will be able to set up your eBay dropshipping business correctly. Check some other things that you need to keep in mind before you start eBay dropshipping.
- Create a seller account with eBay
- An AliExpress account that has been linked to AliPay
- Dropshipping tools like DSers
For the process of finding the right sellers on AliExpress, you will receive help from the DSers tool. With time, you will get acquainted with the process and you will have a better idea of how to execute everything for eBay dropshipping.
When you decide to start an eBay dropshipping business with AliExpress, you need to carefully set up your processes and workflows. Focus on finding the right tool to help you, like DSers, as this dropshipping software will enable you to increase your efficiency. DSers has in-built state-of-the-art features in your dashboard that allow simpler working, advanced analytics, and AI-driven seller selection. To know more about the software, visit our website and start exploring. Contact us in case you need more information.