If you are still not on e-commerce but planning to start your dropshipping store soon, then you should explore options for creating an online store. Many business owners choose the easy route via Shopify or Sellfy, and there’s nothing wrong with it. Both platforms are great.
But, which platform is right for you as a dropshipping business?
Although the final decision of starting a dropshipping store on Shopify vs Sellfy depends on your requirements, we have created a distinction map between the both. Reading these pros and cons will offer you some perspective.
There’s no doubt in the fact that both Sellfy and Shopify have a range of benefits. These are excellent platforms for beginners who don’t understand coding much. You get clear direction, pre-designed templates, and the ability to customize the ecommerce store without knowledge of coding.
On the one hand, Shopify is versatile, it has a huge market and scalable website building options. Sellfy, on the other hand, is for people willing to offer digital services or a limited range of physical products.
In this section, we will elaborate differences between both tools. Dive in and start exploring:
Ease of Deployment
Any business that is starting a dropshipping store with Shopify has the ease of setting up the website.
You don’t need to purchase and set up a domain and hosting separately with Shopify. The vendor offers you a custom domain depending on the availability. However, when you create your own website, you need to set up a domain and host it yourself. This includes purchasing the domain and hosting package from vendors like GoDaddy or Bluehost.
When setting up the Shopify store, you don’t need coding knowledge. Any professional without coding intelligence can use pre-made templates and the simple interface of Shopify to create a store. However, creating a customized website means that you need coding knowledge. If you don’t know how to code, you may need to hire a developer for the same.
However, this doesn’t indicate selling on Sellfy is not easy. This involves the following:
- You need to set up an account with email verification, which will activate your account and allow you to create and customize a website.
- Originally, on Sellfy, your store link is with Sellfy’s domain, such as www.Sellfy.com/xyzstore. This is because you are selling from Sellfy. But, you can also purchase a custom domain on Sellfy itself and pay for charges.
Time Required to Build
If we need to discuss the time needed to build your dropshipping store on Shopify vs Sellfy, Shopify wins. You have a series of themes and automated actions that help you build a Shopify store quickly. You can easily set up a minimal store within a week or two.
Sellfy, in this case, has a store customizer with drag-and-drop elements. This helps you create a website without hassle, but you need to dedicate some time to it.
Theme and Templates
Shopify has a dedicated theme store, where you can find different types of paid and free themes. Ideally, businesses like to shift to a paid theme eventually for better functionality and interface, but free ones are just as competitive. So, you can start with a free theme on Shopify, customize it, and create your own e-commerce store. Most Shopify themes are mobile-friendly, speed-optimized, and responsive.
You can judge that the above action is kind of easy. You need to evaluate a few themes and templates, find the one that suits your business, and create a dropshipping store.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
In Sellfy, you have a default theme to work with. Every store created on Sellfy is with this theme, and there are no other templates. However, you can create your own theme from scratch using the store customizer tool on Sellfy. Hence, it can be a hassle for some people since you need to create everything from start to end. Shopify is easier in this case.
Shopify is an e-commerce marketplace, where businesses receive a range of features. Therefore, we have compared Shopify vs self-website based on these features in this section:
- Shopify gathers data on disputed charges for fraud analysis. This allows the provider to reduce counterfeit orders.
- Shopify has collaborated with various trusted payment sources. For example, Visa, Master Card, PayPal, Apple Pay, etc. However, you need to pay a transaction fee to complete transactions successfully.
- On Shopify, you can add various plugins and apps from the store. This means even if you are missing some features and you need to add them, there’s a plugin for everything. You can visit the Shopify App Store and find it.
Similarly, Sellfy has some amazing features that help you create a robust dropshipping business online.
- One of the built-in marketing features on Selffy is email marketing. You can send the newsletter to subscribers, contact customers without hassle, and automatically send product updates.
- On Sellfy, you can receive payments in a way you like, such as via Stripe or PayPal. Sellfy offers a reliable way to accept payments.
- Sellfy is an e-commerce platform for digital products mainly, so many people don’t use the tracking feature. However, if you do need it, then you can generate tracking numbers and send them to customers. This also means that you need to create delivery methods from settings for physical products.
Shopify has an in-built provision to support your website and dropshipping store. You can contact the provider via live chat, email support, or phone assistance. If you are facing issues on your website related to any topic, such as payment, theme structure, customizations, or payment portal, you can connect with the support team of the provider and receive immediate guidance.
Sellfy’s support is also competitive and you only need to connect with their team through the LiveChat or contact form. There’s a dedicated help center that allows resolving minor problems. You can find resources and articles related to payments, setup, store customizer, etc. in this huge resource created by Sellfy.
Shopify is a monthly subscription-based platform. Here, you have many plans for your dropshipping store, and you can start your ecommerce business with as less as USD 29 monthly subscription. This pricing goes up to USD 299 for advanced packages that offer optimum support and many more features.
Similarly, Sellfy also has monthly subscriptions. You can start your ecommerce website at USD 29 per month. But, there are two more package options that go up to USD 129 per month. You can reduce the pricing by paying on yearly basis, which includes just USD 19 per month for the starter plan.
The decision between Shopify vs Sellfy depends on your website requirements. You may want something highly customized, which means Sellfy’s store customizer is more feasible. However, it is also possible that you need a no-hassle simple website without worrying about maintenance. In that case, Shopify seems like a relevant choice.
If you are confused, you have an option to try a 14-day free trial of Shopify. This will help you gain perspective and allow you to decide whether you need a Shopify store or a Sellfy for your dropshipping business.