Video content has certainly changed the world around us. From educational to entertaining, videos are available for different purposes out there. The good news is that the mass consumption of videos has also resulted in a creator economy.
With so many video monetization platforms, it has become easier than ever to earn from your content. Without much ado, let’s explore some of these amazing platforms and learn how they can help you.
Although there can be hundreds of video sharing platforms out there, most of them can be classified under these categories. If you want to monetize from your content, then it can be done in the following ways:
Video Advertisement Platforms
These are some of the most popular video hosting and sharing platform out there. In this, you can earn revenue based on different kinds of ads. YouTube is one of the most prominent examples here as it pays a portion of the ad revenue to the original creator.
Most of the eLearning platforms out there follow this model. In this, the user will pay a specific amount to the video owner. Udemy can be a prime example of this model. There, learners simply pay the creator (course owner) to access their videos and learn different things.
This model is mostly used by huge organizations and not individual creators. Platforms like Netflix or Hulu are some of its examples in which users pay a monthly or annual subscription to access the hosted videos. Though, individual creators can also include a subscription-based model on their YouTube channels now.
Without much ado, let’s explore some of the best video monetization platforms that can be used by pros and beginners alike.
It is a known fact that YouTube has changed the way we consume videos on different screens. Owned by Google, YouTube is the largest video sharing and hosting platform in the world that has over 2.6 billion active users.
The good thing about YouTube is that you can find almost any kind of audience in one place. From sharing animated videos for kids to how-to videos for adults, creators can come up with all sorts of content for their YouTube channels. Once your channel has over 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours, you can apply for its monetization program as well.
- Extremely easy to start and understand its working
- Requires no up-front cost
- YouTube provides several tools and programs for content creators
- Videos can be removed due to copyright claims
- Not specific to a single domain and it can be tough for starters to get more audience
If you want to get into the streaming business, then UScreen would be one of the best video monetization platforms. It is an all-in-one platform where you can upload your videos, come up with on-demand courses, or host live streams.
The best thing about UScreen is that it has an inbuilt monetization and analytics tool. Using it, you can easily check the overall performance of your content, which can help you in marketing. There are numerous plans for creators and the platform can also help you come up with an app.
- Tons of analytics and monetization tools
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Quite expensive
- Mostly recommended to pros or full-time content creators
Patreon is one of the most preferred video monetization platforms for professionals. It will let you connect to its 8 million users, and you can even migrate your audience from other platforms. Ideally, you can set up your Patreon account and set up monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription fees for your audience.
Apart from hosting videos, you can also share all kinds of interesting content like podcasts, music, visual art, and so on. Most video creators take the assistance of Patreon to distribute premium content to their exclusive audience.
- Patreon is extremely easy to set up and use
- Additional account and payment support
- Patreon will take 5-12% of your income for its services
Even though Amagi has been recently released, it has already gained a lot of traction in the content space. It allows us to seamlessly distribute our content on popular OTT platforms like Amazon TV and direct-to-consumer apps.
It boasts a connection of over 200 million households with over 150+ supported platforms. Therefore, it doesn’t matter what kind of content you generate or what is your target audience, you can easily use Amagi to meet your requirements.
- Tons of features
- Supports 150+ platforms
- Excellent reach
- A bit tough to understand for beginners
- Can be expensive
If you are into gaming or live streaming, then Twitch should be your go-to platform. Owned by Amazon, Twitch provides video live streaming services. This means you can let your audience watch you play their favorite games while interacting with them.
There are tons of ways you can earn money on Twitch. The most preferred solution is to host subscriptions on your channel. Apart from that, you can also earn from ads, paid partnerships, donations, and so on.
- Several monetization solutions
- Extremely popular in the gaming space
- Mostly used by gamers only
Thinkific is one of the best video monetization platforms for beginners who don’t have much experience in the field. It provides a user-friendly interface to guide you in setting up your channel. With Thinkific, you can start earning by sharing educational or entertaining content.
You can earn by giving webinars, teaching something, or by creating online courses. There are also inbuilt analytics and optimization tools that you can use in Thinkific.
- Easy and beginner-friendly
- Support for certifications and exams (for educational content)
- Most of the advanced features are paid
- The live streaming option is missing
In nutshell, Wistia is a video hosting platform that can help you create and distribute on-demand content for your audience. There are dedicated tools to even promote your videos and podcasts on different platforms.
What makes Wistia one of the best video monetization platforms is its seamless integration with all the big players. It has already collaborated with 300K+ creators and helped them generate revenue from their content.
- Tons of advanced services
- Inbuilt analytics tool
- Not available for free
Udemy can become an excellent source of passive income for online educators. The platform will let you come up with online courses on any suitable topic. Later, you can market it on your own or take the assistance of Udemy to get more leads.
Though, unlike other video monetization platforms where you can get instant results, earning from Udemy will take some time. To make the most of it, you can first understand its overall model for content creators and educators.
- Simple to use
- Has millions of active learners
- Only limited to educational content
- Results are not immediate
If you want to be an entrepreneur and own an online store, then you can take the assistance of DSers. The official AliExpress platform will help you manage multiple stores in one place without any technical hassle.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
- Since DSers is the official AliExpress tool, using it is extremely simple. You can even integrate it with other platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix.
- Using DSers, you can order products in a bulk, set up bundles, manage variants, and even set up dynamic pricing.
- You can use its inbuilt supplier optimizer feature that would let you search for any product and instantly find the most suitable supplier for it.
- With its resourceful options like the automatic updates of order statuses, you can keep your customers informed about their purchases.
- DSers is a freely available tool (with premium upgrades available) that would let you directly import thousands of products from AliExpress to your store.
I’m sure that after going through this guide, you can get to know about some of the best video monetization platforms. For your convenience, I have come up with both informative and educational platforms that are based on different models here.
Make sure you consider their pros and cons before investing your time on these platforms. Apart from that, if you want to run an online dropshipping store instead, then you can simply explore a dynamic tool like DSers.