Wix is a well-known website builder that was launched in 2006. After so many advancements and updates, the platform has tried its best to offer everything a great website builder should offer its users.
Unfortunately, SEO keeps evolving and changing, so whatever platform you use must keep up with the latest search engine algorithms for better ranking. Wix provides every facility a basic SEO setup needs, but just like any other platform, it has some drawbacks.
If you're looking to enhance the SEO capabilities of your Wix website, you might want to explore tools like DropinBlog for Wix, which can help you streamline your content and optimize it for search engines, giving your site a competitive edge.
This write-up will help you understand whether Wix is SEO-friendly or not with the help of pros and cons, features, and everything else you need to know.
Suppose you're looking forward to improving your website's search engine visibility. In that case, WIX offers the following SEO features that can help you optimize your site for search engines and attract more organic traffic.
Customizable Meta Tags
WIX allows you to customize your website's meta titles and descriptions to make them more relevant to your target keywords and attract more clicks from search engine users.
URL Structure Optimization
WIX enables you to customize your website's URL with relevant keywords rather than filling it with random letters and numbers. It will make the URL more SEO-friendly and easy to understand for both search engines and users.
WIX's responsive design templates and mobile optimization features can help you ensure your website looks great and functions well on all devices, including mobile phones and tablets.
WIX's built-in image editor and optimization tools can help you optimize your images for speed and SEO, including adding alt tags and compressing images.
WIX automatically generates and updates a sitemap for your website, which can help search engines crawl and index your content more easily.
Server Side Rendering (SSR)
Wix's infrastructure is based on SSR, allowing search engines to read your site content thoroughly. Specialized variations of your webpages are developed and fine-tuned, enabling search engine crawlers to efficiently explore, analyze, and gather pertinent data.
If you change the URL and a user clicks or enters the previous URL, 301 redirects the person to the new page.
Wix is effective enough to optimize your website for visual search through the automated generation of dynamic image sitemaps. This feature helps search engines easily locate the images on your website, which, in turn, boosts your discoverability.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
Social Media Integration
WIX comes with the option of integrating your social media channels into your website. It helps users to share your website's content on social media, which drives more traffic.
Wix automatically generates a robot.txt file for your website; you can edit this file to help bots understand the indexing of your website.
WIX provides SSL security certificates for all websites, which can help improve your website's security and boost your search engine rankings.
Wix allows you to integrate your website into various analytics tools like Google Analytics to get an idea of your site's performance and traffic.
If you're considering using Wix for your website, it's essential to understand the pros and cons of its SEO features. With that being said, let's take a look at the pros first:
- You can easily use Wix SEO and get all the benefits even if you don't have any skills, which is excellent for newcomers.
- There are more than 800 templates.
- Wix offers a user-friendly interface, making website optimization easy for users.
- Wix comes with built-in SEO tools like meta tags, URL optimization, and structured data.
- There are email marketing tools available with every Wix account.
- You can find mobile-responsive templates that are optimized for mobile search.
- There's an automatic sitemap generation to ensure that search engines index all of your pages.
- The platform has fast loading times and optimized code for better search engine rankings.
- You can easily integrate Wix with Google Analytics and other tracking tools for better analysis of your website's SEO performance.
- You get regular updates and improvements to the platform to keep up with the latest SEO best practices.
- You can improve your website's SEO as WIX offers comprehensive support and the required resources for it.
- Wix supports structured data, but you must add it manually as there's no in-built function.
- There's no issue with the page speed of Wix, but the server response time is slow when compared to the competitors.
- Wix offers the best core SEO, but Advanced SEO is pretty complicated. Wix's SEO capabilities are limited to the fundamentals, and when it comes to search engine rankings, the differences between websites can be relatively narrow.
- You can display prices in different currencies, but there's no multi-currency checkout option that is available on several other platforms.
- There's no option to switch templates, which may create issues for the user.
- There's no option to bulk import or export digital products.
Going through the features and the pros and cons of Wix SEO helps you understand its usage. However, you can follow these tips to get the most out of Wix SEO.
Use Wix SEO Wiz
Wix SEO Wiz helps you to set up a custom SEO plan for your website. All you need to do is answer some questions, and it will create a plan for you; this option is the best for people with very little or no knowledge about SEO.
Focus on the Basics First
It is shocking, but most websites focus on something other than core SEO which often results in poor performance later. If you want to use Wix properly, concentrate on core SEO and use all its features to help you reach your goals.
Give Preference to Mobile-optimization
Google rewards mobile-friendly websites, so you must give preference to mobile optimization. In simple words, optimize your website in such a way that the more it looks good on the system, the better it looks on mobile.
Use Google Analytics
There's no better tool to provide website analytics than Google Analytics. So, you must connect your Wix account to Google Analytics to get valuable data to improve your website.
Know More About SEO
Wix can only be better if you learn about SEO in more depth. If you know more about SEO, you can optimize your website accordingly and achieve goals more seamlessly.
Wix is a website builder with basic SEO features, but it has limitations compared to other platforms. With the help of this write-up, you're now familiarized with all of Wix's SEO capabilities. With the list of pros and cons and a proper discussion of its features, you can use Wix more effectively.
In addition, you also get the best tips to get the most out of Wix, which helps you leave the drawbacks at bay and results in a highly functioning dropshipping store according to your preferences. Overall, Wix has made significant improvements in recent years to make its platform more SEO-friendly, and once you figure out the features, you can surely use it more efficiently.