Getting obscure or misrecognized is one of the primary concerns that brand owners are facing these days. While some brand logos are universally recognized, there are millions of brands that find it hard to create their distinctive appeal.
Needless to say, if there is a lot of competition in your domain, then working on brand recognition and awareness could be tougher. Thankfully, with unique brand promotion and recall ideas, you can certainly create a distinctive appeal in the market.
Let’s get to know more about these expert suggestions on brand awareness and promotion here.
Before we make you familiar with various brand promotion and awareness strategies, let’s get to know about some key terms first.
Brand recognition: This simply depicts how your target customers would recognize your brand. Apart from developing a unique logo or brand colors, it is important to have a distinctive tone to get recognized by your audience.
Brand promotion: This comprises various marketing and sales tactics that you can follow to promote your brand. It involves all kinds of online and offline promotion techniques that you can follow to reach out to your target audience easily.
Brand awareness: Once you have worked on getting your brand recognized, you can follow brand recalling practices. As a result, it will make your customers be “aware” of your brand ideas, vision, goals, products, new launches, and so on.
If you want to stand out in the market and be different from your competitors, then you need to work on various brand promotion and recognition practices, like the following:
1. Have a Consistent and Unique Brand Tone
At first, you need to make sure that your brand has a unique appeal that would help your customers distinguish it from other players in the market.
To do this, most of the brands take the assistance of design and color theory to come up with their logos, websites, fonts, and other marketing content.
For instance, the use of the color green would make your brand look more grounded and peaceful while yellow would depict a more playful and optimistic appeal. Applying the same concept, you can also try to understand what kind of sentiment you want to depict with your brand.
If you want, you can also work on contrasting colors (like Google or Tide) to make your brand look more playful. Though, you should stick to your brand colors in all the marketing materials, social media posts, web content, etc. to attain a consistent appeal.
2. Make Sure that Your Brand is Easy to Recognize
Before you start working on brand promotion ideas, you need to make sure that you have all the needed creatives and marketing materials ready.
Most of the experts recommend following a more consistent approach at first so that you can make a subtle presence in the market.
Google is one of the best examples on how simplicity can go a long way in brand recognition. Even though the company has several products under one brand, it has made them unique and easy to identify (like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Maps, and so on).
3. Find Your Target Audience
Once you have come up with a consistent brand tone, you need to focus on your customers, and how you could attain brand recognition. For this, you need to do as much research as you can so that you can easily identify your customers.
Ideally, finding target customers is easier for some brands than others. Let’s say you are selling kid’s apparel online in your store.
In this case, you would know that your target customers would be parents of young kids who would like to buy clothes for their little ones.
Contrary, if you are selling smartphone covers or furniture, then finding a specific target audience can be tough.
As you would identify your target market, try to focus on your target audience, and run specific ads and marketing campaigns to push your products.
4. Come up with Loyalty and Referral Programs
One of the best ways to push brand promotion ideas is by introducing unique referral and loyalty programs for your customers.
In this, you simply reward the existing customers of your online store for referring new customers.
For example, you can reward them with discounts, coupon codes, or in-store currency. Also, referrals have 70% higher conversion rates, making them one of the best ways to acquire new customers.
Apart from a recurring referral program, you can also come up with a dedicated provision for reward points for your loyal customers.
Let’s say you would reward your customers with in-store cash if their purchases would cross a specific amount.
Besides that, you can also come up with insider sales or give them early access to certain product launches. This will make your customers feel more valued and will directly impact their retention rate.
5. Utilize the Power of Digital Marketing
You might already know how powerful social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have become.
Therefore, you shouldn’t underestimate these social platforms and utilize them in the best possible way to implement your brand promotion strategies.
To get desirable results in digital marketing, I would recommend following these tips:
- Make sure that you have a consistent presence on various platforms and link them to your website.
- Try to identify key platforms that would work the best for you (where your target audience is most active).
- Instead of posting direct marketing content, try to come up with a diverse content plan that would also include creative and informative posts.
- You should try to engage with your audience on social media platforms that would directly help in brand recognition and awareness.
- Besides social media platforms, you should also focus on content marketing (via blogs) and work on search engine optimization practices as well.
- Most importantly, make sure that you redirect your audience from social media platforms to your online store by including your store/product links. If you want, you can directly sell your products on social platforms like Instagram and Facebook too.
6. Don’t Overdo It
Lastly, you should maintain a consistent yet subtle appeal while marketing your products. Let’s face it, we all receive tons of emails and messages from some brands so frequently that it ends up being annoying in the end.
Remember, your goal is to create brand recognition and awareness with your marketing plans. You can do this via social media, search engines, paid promotions, ads, influencer marketing, cross-branding, and tons of other channels. Though, if you would overdo it, then it can backfire your brand promotion strategy and might reach a saturation point after a while.
For instance, let’s consider the example of Coca-Cola (which is recognized by over 94% of people in the world). Instead of constantly delivering a message like “buy our products”, they simply place their branding smartly in some of the most prominent places. In this way, their target audience can easily be aware of the brand’s promotional activity, but in an understated manner.
As you can see, working on brand promotion and recognition can be extremely beneficial for your online store. Furthermore, if you want to win over your customers, then you should get some interesting products in your store.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
To do that, you can simply take the assistance of DSers, which is the official Amazon dropshipping tool.
- You can find millions of products from thousands of different sellers and manufacturers in all categories on DSers.
- The best part is that DSers is available for free (the basic plan) that would let you kickstart your online store with minimum investment.
- DSers also offers a unique Supplier Optimizer feature that would let you handpick the most profitable and reliable supplier for your preferred product.
- With its smart features like automatic order status updates, dynamic pricing, bulk orders, bundle products, and more, you can easily manage everything and save your time.
- The overall interface of DSers is extremely user-friendly and you can easily integrate it with common dropshipping platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce.
This brings us to the end of this engaging post on various brand promotion and awareness ideas. While working on different brand recognition practices would take some time, it will certainly be profitable in the long run.
After all, it will help you make your online store stand out of the crowd, and you can certainly create a unique appeal in the market.
Feel free to follow the above-listed suggestions and also take the assistance of a reliable dropshipping solution like DSers to have tons of unique and interesting products for your customers.