When we talk about dropshipping platforms, both AliExpress and Wish are considered as some of the prime contenders. While AliExpress is undoubtedly far bigger than Wish, a lot of people find it hard to understand their differences.
Don’t worry – in this detailed Wish vs. AliExpress comparison, I will list their major differences and would help you pick the best dropshipping platform to meet your requirements.
Find out which platform is best for dropshipping：
Before we list the difference between Wish and AliExpress dropshipping, let’s quickly cover some background of these eCommerce giants.
Owned by the Alibaba Group, AliExpress is one of the most popular and profitable eCommerce websites in the world. Even though AliExpress is based out of China, it has a prominent market share in other countries too like Singapore, Russia, Brazil, and the United States.
Most of the sellers in AliExpress are from China, providing a wide range of products in domains like electronics, clothing, outdoor gears, kitchenware, utensils, and other utility products. Besides that, AliExpress also offers a Buyer Protection feature to protect its customers from scams. For dropshipping, you can take the assistance of DSers, which is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool, listing thousands of sellers in one place.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
Owned by ContextLogic Inc, Wish is relatively a newer eCommerce platform that is based out of the United States. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and was originally an online platform to create wishlists for various products.
Over the last few years, Wish has grown to have more than 500K registered sellers from different parts of the world. The online store has shown tremendous growth in 2020 with annual revenue of $2.5 billion.
Just like AliExpress, Wish also offers a dedicated dropshipping feature, letting you list various products in domains like technology, clothing, toys, utensils, and more.
Now when you are familiar with the basics of each platform, let’s get to know more about their dropshipping features.
Since AliExpress has been in the market since 2010, it has grown to become one of the biggest eCommerce platforms. You can simply find far more products from thousands of sellers on AliExpress.
Most of the sellers on Wish are related to clothing and electronics, making it harder for users to find a diverse range of products.
If you are planning to start a dropshipping business, then the pricing of a product can be a dealbreaker. This is where we found AliExpress dropshipping a clear winner compared to Wish.
While it is tough to compare every product that is available on both platforms, AliExpress is found to mostly have more competitive pricing.
There are also numerous solutions (like Alitools) that you can use to track the pricing of various products on AliExpress.
As included in our Wish vs. AliExpress comparison that both the platforms are extremely secure and reliable. They cater to millions of users worldwide, but the major market of Wish is in the US and Europe.
On the other hand, AliExpress has an impressive reach worldwide with a prominent presence in the US, Europe, Brazil, Russia, and other places.
AliExpress has always been one of the most popular solutions to start dropshipping businesses without much hassle. While Wish has also started dropshipping services, its features are relatively limited.
For instance, you can simply take the assistance of tools like DSers to automatically manage your AliExpress dropshipping orders.
From Supplier Optimizer to Bulk Orders, there are tons of advanced options that DSers provide to manage your dropshipping business seamlessly. Such automation is currently not possible with a Wish based dropshipping store.
Now when you know the major differences between Wish and AliExpress dropshipping, let’s have a quick rundown of their pros and cons.
- It is pretty easy to use Wish for dropshipping.
- It has an extensive range of catalogs and sellers to pick from.
- Seamless integration with PayPal, Payoneer, and other payment gateways.
- A lot of sellers are found selling fake products on Wish.
- It is relatively new with limited dropshipping services.
- The prices of most of the products are relatively higher.
- Higher commission fee (up to 15%).
- It is one of the most reputed and biggest dropshipping platforms with millions of sellers.
- Users can take the assistance of DSers (the official AliExpress dropshipping tool) to automate most of their work.
- There are tons of tools and plugins available to help you in dropshipping (like social integration, timely insights, and more).
- We need a minimum investment to start an AliExpress dropshipping business.
- The shipping time for some products can be more than others.
As you can see, AliExpress dropshipping is a far better option than Wish. Though, if you want to get better results and improve your sales, then consider using a dedicated tool like DSers.
It is the official AliExpress dropshipping solution that would let you explore hundreds of sellers in one place.
- With the help of DSers, you can order hundreds of products in bulk from the seller of your choice.
- It also gives you an option to create product bundles that can improve their overall sales.
- There is an inbuilt Supplier Optimizer feature in DSers that would let you pick the best-rated supplier for your products and maximize your profit.
- You will also get advanced options for automatic syncing of tracking numbers and order statuses.
- Other resourceful features include automatic pricing, multiple stock management, product division, and so on.
Now that you know which platform to select for dropshipping, you can certainly start your new eCommerce business.
Needless to say, when we compare Wish vs. AliExpress, the latter is certainly a far better pick. Besides that, if you want to scale up your AliExpress dropshipping business, then simply go with DSers.
It is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool that is already used by several thousand businesses and would certainly help you take a lead with its automated options.