Everyone can start online dropshipping stores with a limited investment. But it’s not easy to succeed in running and growing a dropshipping business. There are so many things you have to deal with if you want to start successfully and quickly, like what to name your business, how to make your stores look beautiful and professional, how and where to boost sales.
So you must need some inspirations. We’ve gathered a list of 8 of the best online Shopify dropshipping stores for you to take inspiration from.
Let's have a quick look:
Hopefully, they’ll get you inspired for your own online business.
Shopify is a user-friendly selling platform that allows you to set up an online store, sell your products, and receive payment. With the help of Shopify , anyone can create a store, even without too much money or technical knowledge and skills.
It's also starter-friendly, because it provides a 14-day free trial for new users, you get the chance to try to build an online business without the cost, and with the guidance it provides, you could learn how to import products and customize your store.
When a store owner sells his or her products using the dropshipping model, he or she purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the seller doesn't have to handle the product directly. In other words, we only pay for the products after getting paid, which means dropshipping comes with no upfront investments.
The biggest difference between dropshipping and the standard retail model is that the sellers don't stock or own inventory. Instead, the seller uses inventory he or she needed from a third party-usually a wholesaler or manufacturer—to fulfill orders.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
At the moment, Shopify is the easiest platform to create and run a dropshipping store. Without spending a lot of time, you can have a beautifully designed E-Commerce site without learning any coding. And the tools Shopify provide make dropshipping one of the easiest businesses to run all over the world.
With Shopify dropshipping, you can quickly test different business ideas, make your products appealing, and take care of customers.
If you want to make your online store go smoothly, you have to find out some successful examples, so that you could learn whether your idea would be good or not, to know how to customize your store and products to make them attractive, as well as you learning how to market your store, etc.
Nonetheless, one of the marketing methods you should learn is to see what your competitors are doing. Especially successful and competitive sellers. So learning from those successful examples is necessary and significant.
1. Notebook Therapy
Notebook Therapy as its name suggests is a Shopify store example focusing on selling journals and writing accessories.
1) Incredible branding with an excellent, unique-looking custom theme.
The design of the website shows a clean and professional look and feel. No flashing lights and colors, as they've used bright and warm colors across their website and their products are presented in a beautiful and stylish theme.
2) Combining clever use of social media marketing, influencer marketing, and paid ads together, it makes great products for the target audience.
NotebookTherapy has over 900,000 Instagram followers which provides a strong customer base for obtaining sales. NotebookTherapy also uses a combination of paid ads, influencer marketing, and social media marketing that have helped it become a brand onto the top 8 dropshipping stores.
3) Excellent promotion programs and clear commodity classification for customers.
They pay attention to holidays, making sure to offer special discounts and promotions when they occur. And the products categories are clear and direct. Customers can get what they want directly.
A narrow market segment makes expansion difficult.
Notebook is just a niche market to share Asian culture. It sells Asian-inspired stationery and accessories, which is boosted by the huge rise in interest in Asian culture. Their products range from simple bags to pencil cases, notebooks, pens, and phone cases. They mostly sell products targeted towards women. The market segment is narrow, so it's a little difficult for it to expand its business.
Phonebibi is a trendy products store. The design of their store is very simple with a black and white look and feel.
1) Complete services. The homepage of its website, not only showcases the products it sells, but also the services it provides, such as commodity classification, information about the store, FAQ, and order tracking. Through these services, customers can quickly get information about the store and products.
2) Simple design of the products pages. On the products display page, although it doesn't have attractive colors or lights, it lists all the important information about the products and the information published are simple but clear. Also, it highlights the most important information or the knowledge that customers are concerned about.
The commodities’ pages should include products image. There are some products that don't have an image when showing on the products page, it's big trouble as most peoplewill not buy something that has no photos, and sometimes they will purchase something just because of the attractive images of the goods.
3. Trendy Goods
It presents all kinds of different items that can solve daily life problems in creative ways. The product page is equipped with clear product images, bullet-point overview lists, and some data like ratings or views from its customers.
1) Simple and clear design. Their layout and look is simple and clean, guiding you to place an order. And its products pages look as clean as their front page, with an excellent choice of colors to keep everything in order but they don't lose the important information.
2) Special good display. Every product sold in this store has a video to show the usage of the products, display of products effect, the result of the tools, and so on. With this video, customers could know how to use these tools or whether the clothes or shoes are suitable or not, they could purchase commodities that match their needs the most. What a wonderful thing!
The design of the page could be improved.
At the bottom of the front page, it displays some customer services links which are very useful for customers, however, the problem is that users must scroll down to the bottom of the page if they want to learn what services the store could provide. It's a little troublesome and time-consuming. So Trendy Good should make improvements on its page design.
As the name of the store suggests, Mooshe Socks sells socks. It sells cute, dumb, ridiculous socks.
1) Personalized design
As the picture suggests the socks it sells do not look like those socks that are dropshipped. In other words, its products have their own style which makes the socks appear to be their own, this makes them be unique.
2) Simple and in-demand product
At the top of the homepage, we directly understand the store just sells socks, it does not branch itself out into unrelated products, so if the customers need to buy socks, they can get all kinds of socks, not unrelated goods, such as clothes, shoes, etc. And socks are the perfect product for dropshipping: cheap, lightweight, and with tons of unique design potential.
The page layout needs to be changed a lot. For customers, when they purchase online, they are not only concerned about the commodity itself, but also they want to learn about the services because online shopping is not face-to-face, so they might be worried about their money, the shipment, etc, so if the store lists the services on the top of the page, not on the bottom of the page, it would be much better.
Aesthentials is designed for young girl's apparel.It has an aesthetic vibe just like the name. Many products are designed for young people's cultures or fashion.
1) Special button design for customers. It has an automatic currency addon, which shows pricing in the visitor's country currency immediately.
When you click the button, the price will change.
This design is customer-friendly because, with this button, people from different countries could know how much the commodity is and whether it's valuable. It's convenient and time-saving.
2) Special notice on every product page. The store provides important notice for buyers on the products page, with the notice, buyers will know what they should pay attention to so that they will not make mistakes when they place an order, and also it illustrates the currency, buyers will not have to worry about the payment.
Colorful but not attractive pages. As the following picture shows the color mixture of the page is not attractive and eye-catching. Also, the font form layout is not so good. When the customer sees this page, it will feel a little difficult to distinguish what these words are, so the shopping experience will be influenced.
Meowingtons is a cat niche store at its finest, they are dropshipping all cat-related items like toys, beds, or something for you as well.
1) Customized products with your cats. It is a special feature Meowingtons offers for you that you can take a picture of your pet, send it to them, and they will make custom products with your cat's face on it.
2) Special feature for your payment. With it, you could easily manage your payment and also you could save a lot of money, it's a very useful feature for customers. That's one of the reasons why it is be popular.
Not friendly enough for global people.
As the picture shows you just could make your payment in USD, which means you need to find out the currency and pay for the currency change charges if you are not a customer who is from countries that use USD. Sometimes, it could be troublesome and costly.
7. WP Standard
This Shopify store sells full-grain leather goods, including bags, wallets, belts, and laptops sleeves. They are makers of bags and accessories – trusted companions made with natural materials that get better with time.
1) Marketing through social media and complete services.
You can see from the picture that on the bottom of the homepage of WP Standard, there are some social media links, you just need to click them to arrive their Facebook and Instagram quickly, then you could learn information about the products and store. How useful it is! It also showcases all the products in the store, services it provides and the information of the store which will attract the customers.
2) WP Standard now has its own factory, workshop, labor, designers. What does this mean? It means WP Standard is not just aboutdoing Shopify dropshipping, it also designs or manufactures commodities by itself. That is a challenge but it's very great. And that is what dropshipping means: If your dream is big enough, the achievements can be big too.
Not clear and professional layout. Whether the store is eye-catching or not is important. It will directly influence customer's impression of your store. So store layout also plays a vital role.
The colorful design is great, but you should know you cannot sacrifice the layout of your website page for an attractive design. You should make a great balance between the two to ensure it's customer-friendly.
8. Dog Pawty
People now are paying more and more attention to their dogs, they are concerned about what their dogs eat, what they wear, and how healthy they are. So Dog Pawty, as its name suggests, provide not only indulgent luxuries for dogs, they also sell the latest healthcare products and even a little something dog-related for owners as well.
1) Blog to attract organic traffic – Writing about what's best for dogs is a great way for Dog Pawty to attract traffic, promote their products, and even collect some income from other dog sites.
2) Extended merchandise – The store isn't limited to just dogs. They not only pay attention to the products that are related to dogs, but they also provide products for dog-lovers, with doggie-themed shirts, mugs, and even jewelry.
Not so many images but a lot of descriptions.
As the picture shows, on the product page, there are limited number of images of the products, but there are many word to describe the products, it's not wise to do so. Since images and videos are more attractive, they should pay more attention to this point.
1. Social media marketing strategy- Social media has become one part of people's lives in today's society, so one of the best ways to promote something is through social media. Just as most of the above Shopify dropshipping stores do.
2. Customized design of the homepage and products pages- If the store owners want to attract customers, they should pay more attention to the layout of its homepage and its products pages, this will make the store eye-catching and unique.
3. Complete and useful services- As we all know, an online business not only sells products but also sells services, so whether the store could provide useful and complete services for its buyers or not plays a vital role in the success of these stores.
4. Clear but not simple layout of products information - On the products pages, the clear but not simple layout will make the buyers know the key information about the products and even the store, this will make these stores to be the best Shopify stores doing dropshipping in 2021.
5. Blog attracts organic traffic - Blog sharing sometimes can bring organic traffic, which is vital to make one store successful. And also it helps to attract customers to pay attention to your store. This will contributes to these stores' success.
6. Special feature for your payment - Another problem buyers are concerned about is the payment, so if the online store could provide special feature for the payment, the store will be a better choice than those that do not have this feature.
There are still other reasons contributing to the success of Shopify dropshipping stores, however, if you could achieve most of the listed one, you will gain a lot. If you are out of idea, just try the above 8 examples.
Tip: For all of the stores, active reviews play an important role in their success, so they all should care about this point.
After checking the list of the 8 most successful Shopify dropshipping stores, you might have gained inspiration and you could start running your own online store now. Those stores all have their unique niche products, promotion strategies, site designs, and all overcame tough competition and gained undeniable success. Since they try their best, they became the 8 best Shopify stores.
They could be useful examples to learn from to boost your confidence in starting a dropshipping business. Even though starting a new thing can be a little difficult, just try your best to overcome the challenges and difficulties you will be confronted to during the process.