Branding success requires the use of Instagram videos. However, this has its own set of difficulties. What is the correct Instagram video size, for example? Which Instagram video format is the best? What are the dimensions of an Instagram video? Let's go through each component of the Instagram video format in this post, as well as the app's best practices.
Instagram video format standards guarantee that your video content is as professional and high-quality as possible. You may avoid grainily, oddly cropped, or shaky videos by following the platform's specification specifications.
As a result, you will have a better brand image as well as a better personal image. If part of a video is chopped off because you didn't scale it right for the sort of video they're watching, it doesn't appear nice to the viewer.
3 Typical Video Formats for Instagram
Instagram accepts video content in 3 different formats:
- MP4: .MP4 with H.264 compression and AAC audio is the best Instagram video format. In today's smartphones, this is frequently the default video output.
- MOV: Instagram can also accept .mov files, which are the industry standard for media players like Apple's QuickTime.
- GIF: A GIF (graphics interchange format) is a brief, looping video that has no sound. You must turn a GIF into a video that is at least 4 seconds long before uploading it to Instagram.
What Is The Best Instagram Video Format?
MP4 is the best Instagram video format. Of course, the technical standards for the MP4 video file format should include the following:
- For video, use the 264 codecs with AAC audio at a bitrate of 3500 kbps.
- The frame rate per second should be 30 (fps)
- The video must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Videos should be 1080x920 pixels in dimension.
How many types of videos are on Instagram? And how are their specifications, let’s check out this part:
Instagram Feed is a place where you can connect with and share your friends, audience, and anything that matter to you. When opening Instagram or refreshing the Instagram feed, the photographs and videos we believe you'll be interested in will display at the top. In your Instagram feed, all posts from profiles you follow will display.
Video format: MP4 or MOV.
Video length: 3 seconds to 1 minute.
- Square, portrait, or landscape are all options.
- A frame rate of at least 30 FPS.
- The file size limit is 4 GB.
Instagram Stories allows you to share all of your daily moments. The tool allows you to share many photographs and videos in a "slideshow style," which is essentially a reel, similar to Snapchat. These photographs and videos will, of course, vanish after 24 hours.
Video format: MP4 or MOV.
Video length: 15 seconds for a story.
- A vertical video with a 9:16 aspect ratio.
- A frame rate of at least 30 FPS and a resolution of at least 720 pixels are required.
- The file size limit is 4 GB.
Instagram Live is an Instagram Stories feature that allows you to live-stream videos to your followers and interact with them in real-time. When you broadcast live video broadcasts on your Instagram account, a ring appears around your profile picture in Instagram Stories to notify followers that they may watch the live stream.
Video format: MP4 or MOV.
Video length: Up to 60 minutes maximum.
- With a 9:16 aspect ratio, a vertical video.
- A minimum resolution of 720 pixels and a frame rate of 30 FPS.
- A file can be up to 4 GB in size.
Reel Video is a new Instagram feature that allows you to share and watch videos. It's comparable to Instagram Stories in terms of the format. The most notable distinctions are that you may submit up to an hour of long-form content and that your video content will not expire after 24 hours.
Video format: MP4.
- At least 1-minute long.
- The maximum upload time for a video on a mobile device is 15 minutes, whereas the maximum upload duration for a video on the web is 60 minutes.
- A horizontal video with a 16:9 aspect ratio or a vertical video with a 9:16 aspect ratio.
- With a minimum resolution of 720 pixels, the video frame rate must be 30 FPS.
- Within 10 minutes, files must be no more than 650MB, while files between 10 and 60 minutes must be no larger than 3.6GB.
Try these strategies if you want to improve the quality of the videos you upload on Instagram.
- Post Instagram videos via a high-quality internet connection: When you upload Instagram videos from a strong WiFi network or a decent 5G mobile connection, the resolution is greater.
- Use the correct aspect ratio for Instagram video: For Instagram Stories, Reels, and IGTV, use an aspect ratio of 1080 x 1920p. The aspect ratio of 1080 x 1350p may be preferable for videos in the normal Instagram feed.
- Make videos in MP4 format: Instagram may accept videos in .mov format, but it will convert them to .mp4 before playing them. When a digital file is converted to a different format, it loses some integrity. By saving the original video as an.mp4, you can skip a step in the video conversion process.
- Upgrade your equipment: Upgrading your equipment is sometimes the greatest way to improve your videos. With each passing year, smartphone camera sensors, microphones, and processor chips advance as Apple, Samsung, and LG compete for market share. If it's been a while since you replaced your smartphone—or, if you shoot with a DSLR camera, your DSLR camera—now is the moment.
When producing Instagram video, keep the following points in mind:
- Focus on the first 3 seconds of the video: If your viewers don't believe the video is important after the first 3 seconds, they'll keep scrolling. You should use the first few seconds of the video to grab their attention and demonstrate how the ad will be relevant to them.
- Use text: You don't have to caption everything that's spoken; some carefully placed text that expresses the video's overall concept and aim might help a lot. Colorful, dynamic writing that moves is an excellent method to grab your audience's attention while also emphasizing key ideas. You don't want to overwhelm your audience or make your movie appear cluttered, so don't use too much text.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
- Set a purpose for the video: What do you hope to achieve with your video? Do you wish to increase the size of your audience? How can you raise brand awareness? How about showing how to utilize a new product? Are you looking for a way to publicize an upcoming event?
- Be creative: Avoid making your video appear too much like an ad if you want it to merge effortlessly into the newsfeed. You're also up against tens of thousands of other businesses to get your ad noticed, so think outside the box!
- Make a clear call-to-action: Put your whole message in the Instagram video and make the CTA as obvious as possible; if you want your audience to "learn more," offer a button right away that will send them to your homepage where the more information is available.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Instagram video format that you may need to know.
Q1: What Is The Best Video Format for Instagram?
A1: MP4 with H.264 compression and AAC audio is the best Instagram video format for any sort of video.
Q2: Which Video Format Sizes That Work Best When Uploading Videos on Instagram?
A2: 650MB is the maximum video file size you may submit to Instagram that is less than 10 minutes long. For up to 60 minutes of video, the maximum file size is 3.6GB.
Q3: Can I Upload .MKV Video Format to Instagram?
A3: No, .MKV video files cannot be uploaded without the usage of third-party video editing software. These programs will convert the MKV file to an Instagram-compatible format.
This is also true for these other following video formats.: AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MTS/ M2TS/ VOB/ MPEG/ FLV 3GP/ 3GPP/ TS. If you are uploading videos in these formats to your Instagram, you'll need to convert them first to an.mp4 or.mov file. Then, you can easily upload them on your Instagram.
Instagram is an excellent marketing platform for those who are trying to expand their brand and/or engage with a wide audience. It's also ideal for attracting new consumers, reconnecting with old ones, and retargeting users to increase sales.
To make your Instagram outstanding, Instagram videos are indispensable. Then, learning about the Instagram video format is also an important step when practicing Instagram video making. Learn more about online marketing as well as business ideas on DSers Blog.