It doesn’t matter if you want others to download an eBook or buy a product from your website, you will need more leads to get your business going. For this, you must convert the visitors of your website into perspective leads.
This is exactly where conversion rate can help you examine your marketing practices and improve them. Here, I will make you familiar with conversion rate optimization (CRO) and how you can also achieve it. Let’s begin!
In nutshell, a conversion rate is a marketing formula that helps us gauge the percentage of website visitors who have performed a desired action. The action could be making the purchase, downloading something, filling out a form, and so on. The concept of increasing this number by implementing some smart marketing practices is conversion rate optimization.
The formula for calculating the conversion rate is quite simple. It is:
CRO = (Number of Conversions/Total number of visitors) x 100
Therefore, let’s assume your website has a total of 100 visitors and 5 completed the desired task (of filling a form). In this case, your CRO would be 5%. It should be noted that the average conversion rate in eCommerce is 2.5%, but it can largely vary from one industry to another.
Now that you know how to calculate conversion rate, let’s try to understand why it is so vital to optimize it.
- Marketing ROI: Needless to say, it is one of the best ways to calculate the ROI of your marketing efforts. The better the conversion rate of your website, the better its ROI would be.
- Sales: Let’s be honest – your marketing efforts are mostly linked to generating more sales. Conversion rate can be the link between your marketing and sales metrics as it can help you improve the overall sales on your website.
- Visibility: Better conversion rate means fewer people are moving away from your website. As a result, it can help with the SEO of your website and improve its overall visibility.
- Other Benefits: Apart from that, optimizing the conversion rate of your website can help with lowering cost per lead, increasing the customer lifetime value, and even improving its overall user experience.
From signing up for a newsletter to purchasing a product, there can be all kinds of goals for your conversion campaigns. Therefore, before you implement them, you should understand the kind of online tool that is right for you.
This has to be the most common way to attract your website visitors to your marketing funnel. Landing pages mostly sit in the middle of the marketing funnel. Once you have attracted your audience, a landing page can make them familiar with your products. They can perform the desired task, based on the knowledge obtained from the landing page.
You can come up with dedicated pages for forms or can include them in existing landing pages as well. If you are running a B2B business, then you can consider coming up with some interesting forms to get more leads. Try to keep your form simple and effective so that you can get all the needed information in less time.
This might surprise you, but even your blogs can help you generate more leads. For instance, you can include text-based call to actions (CTA) to redirect your audience. Some experts also include banners and tables to redirect their audience from blogs.
As you can see, there can be so many ways to generate leads with your content strategies. Though, if you want to work on conversion rate optimization and convert more leads into customers, then follow these suggestions:
Tip 1: Perform A/B testing in advance
This is something that almost every marketing expert will ask you to do. Before you fully launch your lead generation campaign, make sure you do split or A/B testing. You can use dedicated tools or simply perform an in-house survey.
Come up with two or more final designs and forward them to a diverse group (that would be similar to your target audience). In this way, you can understand which technique works and how your user responds to it. This will drastically save your time and efforts in optimizing your existing content.
Tip 2: Optimize Your High-performing Content
Conversion rate optimization is not solely about developing new hook-worthy content. A lot of newbies make the rookie mistake of ignoring their existing high-performing content.
Make sure you leverage the content that you have already published. For instance, if there is a blog that went viral in the past, then you can simply edit and republish it. You can also just reshare it on social media again. Since it would already have high authority, you can generate backlinks from the blog to your new content verticals too.
Tip 3: Work on Retargeting Campaigns
Retargeting campaigns can work wonders for you in the long run. This should be a vital part of your marketing campaign as it can help you get more leads that were previously slipped.
Let’s say a user has visited your website once and bounced back due to any reason. Now, you can simply retarget them via ads, reminder emails, or any other way. As they get to know about a similar product that they have seen before, they can get back to the landing page, and complete the designated task.
Tip 4: Keep It Simple (and informative)
Once you have your audience’s attention, try not to confuse them. It is highly recommended to have your messaging clear. Come up with a single message that would identify the pain points of your audience and then address their solutions.
Remember, your motive here is not to make your audience an expert about your tool or products. You don’t have to overload them with information. Nevertheless, make sure you highlight all the unique selling points of your products and services. Let them know how your product can add value to their life and then subtly lead them to make a purchase.
Tip 5: Make Data-driven Decisions
As you work on different marketing campaigns, make sure you learn from them. To develop new conversion rate optimization techniques, you need to learn from your mistakes and identify what worked well in the past.
For this, any reliable tool like Google Analytics can come in handy. You can simply go to your Google Analytics dashboard to get metrics like bounce rate, click-through rate, new users, average session duration, and so much more.
Besides that, you can also get to know more about the key demographics of your audience. All of this will help you understand your audience and how they think, letting you come up with better campaigns.
Tip 6: Leverage Tools & Plugins
Lastly, you can take the assistance of various marketing tools to improve the conversion rate of your website. There are all sorts of free and paid qualitative and quantitative tools that can help you, including the following:
- Analytics tools (like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics)
- Funnel tools (like WishPond, Leadpages, ClickFunnels, and more)
- Net Promoter System (NPS) tools (like SurveySparrow, Survey Kiwi, AskNicely, and more)
- Session recording tools (like SiteRecording, HotJar, SmartLook, or Livesession)
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) tools (like Klaus, Nicereply, Lumoa, and Survicate)
- Usability testing tools (like Maze, Lookback, Loop11, and more)
- Form analysis tools (like Inspectlet, Mouseflow, Lucky Orange, and Zuko)
The good thing is that most of these tools offer a free trial, which will help you understand their functioning before you buy their premium subscription.
Even after working on these conversion rate optimization tactics, you need to have the right products on your online store. To find them and manage your dropshipping store, you can simply take the assistance of DSers.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
- DSers is the official AliExpress dropshipping solution provider, which is compatible with Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix.
- You can find thousands of products from hundreds of trusted suppliers on DSers, listed in various categories.
- You can also directly enter the details of any product on DSers and find its best-suited supplier (via its Supplier Optimization feature).
- DSers is available for free (with additional premium versions) and comes with features like variant mapping, bulk purchase, and bundle products.
- The online tool will also let you manage multiple stores in one place, track orders, sync updates, manage inventory, and do so much more.
I’m sure that this guide would have helped you understand the basics of conversion rate and its importance. Apart from calculating the conversion rate on your website, I have also provided various tactics to improve it.
You can try these conversion rate optimization techniques in your own way to boost your sales. Though, if you own an online dropshipping store, then you can simply explore DSers. It is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool that is equipped with tons of features and supports every leading platform.