Dropshipping suppliers can reduce your stress and cost. Dropshipping involves working with independent companies that handle inventory and order fulfillment on your behalf. It eliminates the hassles of storing inventory, packaging, and shipping products.
When the UK leaves the EU VAT area, it will become a third country. This means changes happened to the way businesses manage VAT on goods and services they import to and from the EU. The seller will not charge VAT, but the buyer must pay VAT (and any applicable duties) to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) at the time of import.
The new law passed in the UK means VAT will be paid in advance at the time of import, rather than when the goods arrive at their final destination. This could have a huge impact on the international dropshipping suppliers as they will have to assess whether they can afford the advance payment of VAT when importing into the UK.
Fortunately, if your dropshipping business is aimed at the UK market and your supplier is based or has a warehouse in the UK, then the new VAT has no much influence on them and your business.
The question is, which suppliers are best for your dropshipping business?
For the dropshipping business, it is important not only to offer excellent products but also to offer fast shipping. Therefore, you need to create a list of UK dropshipping providers that you will be working with.
Here are the best places to look for authentic products from UK suppliers.
AliExpress is a very popular online shopping platform. It is the Business-to-Consumer as well as Business-to-Business subsidiary of Alibaba Group, one of the world's largest eCommerce companies. AliExpress is known for its low prices and high quality of the products. There are more suppliers than any platform on it so choices are endless.
You might wonder: AliExpress is based in China, so why it is presented here for finding UK suppliers? Well, that’s because there are still many suppliers that have their warehouse in the UK.
So why not consider the best dropshipping platform for the very first time? In AliExpress, you can also find other deals on multi-purpose beauty equipment, styling tools and accessories, and skincare tools which are stored in the UK warehouses!
▪ Lower prices. Products on AliExpress are often very reasonably priced. This will give you higher margins and make it easier to stay profitable.
▪ Niche products. AliExpress offers a catalog of arguably the most available products in the world. Even if these are limited to products that can be shipped from UK warehouses, the product selection is still very wide. You can also source those best-selling products in 2021 to get inspiration and improve your competitiveness.
▪ Cashback opportunities. If you don't know yet, you can get cashback on all AliExpress orders, which is very useful for saving some money.
▪ Customers on AliExpress. Because of its popularity, many consumers are now buying products on AliExpress as well. This makes it more difficult to build a customer base with products from AliExpress because your customers can buy the products directly on their own and find out you are dropshipping!
So before dropshipping on AliExpress, remember to leave a note to the suppliers to remind them that you are dropshipping and no brand label or invoice is needed in the packaged. Or you can learn the basics about private label products to get a brand reputation for your dropshipping.
Avasam is one of the best platforms for finding the best dropshipping suppliers in the UK. It allows you to build automated eCommerce businesses with fast shipping. It is responsible for everything from sourcing quality products to providing after-sales support.
Avasam offers a wide variety of product categories, most of which have margins of 40 percent, leaving room for dropshipping, advertising, and another marketing spending. Avasam displays the price of the source product as well as the RRP (Recommended Retail Price), so you can easily estimate the sale price.
You can use the listing manager on the administration dashboard to bring products into your store with just a few clicks.
If you choose standard shipping, the shipping time with an estimated delivery time of three to four days is charged at £2.99. If you want faster shipping (24 hours), you can use express shipping for £5.00.
With a rating of 4.4/5 on online reputation platforms, Avasam is a great choice for those targeting the UK audience. The only downside to the platform is that Avasam doesn't accept PayPal.
▪ Customer service. When reviewing Avasam's reviews of Trustpilot, almost everyone mentioned their great customer service team.
▪ Proven UK suppliers. Due to Avasam's supplier's verification program, every supplier on the platform can be trusted.
▪ Integration. Avasam's integration possibilities are second to none. No other dropshipping platforms provider offers more than 60 integrations.
▪ The UK only. For now, Avasam is only shipping in the UK. They do not ship to other countries, such as the United States.
▪ Paypal. Avasam does not accept PayPal payments.
SupplyMeDirect is an often underrated UK delivery solution provider designed to help businesses scale. Like most leading wholesalers, the company helps dropshippers make the most of their online presence through Amazon sales or through the company's website.
You will be able to use the white label feature to make your brand stand out. It also provides easy access to a wide range of distributors in the US, UK, Europe, and Canada.
Unlike other companies that tend to source from Asia, SupplyMeDirect stores most of its products in local warehouses they own in the UK, Europe, and similar locations. You can buy everything from clothes to electronics here and be assured that your customers will get fast and reliable delivery.
▪ Perfect for global sellers
▪ Responsive and reliable application to use with Shopify
▪ Local delivery, speed up delivery time
▪ A wide range of products to choose from
▪ It's new to the market
▪ Limitations in the products categories
When it comes to dropshipping tools designed to work with specific store building services, Modalyst is a plug-in designed specifically for Wix. This handy plugin helps automate your dropshipping selling business, connecting you to suppliers who can help your customers get the products they want. A variety of products are available, including accessories and jewelry.
Modalyst is an automated dropshipping app for online stores. It is known for offering products from Calvin Klein, DSquare, Dolce & Gabbana, and more well-known brands that shoppers will appreciate. Modalyst also provides a list of selected independent fashion brands for each target audience.
Modalyst is a very focused product that is very easy to use. You can contact vendors through a composite dashboard, and there's a mobile application if you need to check things out while on the go. Modalyst is also excellent and integrates with Wix with a single click. There are few simpler options around.
Modalyst has a free initial program that can help you get started exploring these services. But keep in mind that all tiers have a 5% transaction fee.
▪ A large number of quality products
▪ White label program for dropshipping
▪ High-profit margins
▪ Faster transportation
▪ Integration with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix
▪ Limited products in cheaper plans
▪ 5% transaction fee for all levels
eSources is one of the largest wholesale and dropshipping supplier catalogs. More than half of their catalog is made up of UK wholesalers, but they also have over 170K of dropshipping supplier listings!
eSources is also one of the most experienced directory services in the UK and has been developing its business since 2005. As a result, they are not lacking in both the number of suppliers and experience in the field.
In addition, eSources prevents middleman dropshipping vendors from being added by thoroughly examining them before adding them to the dropshipping dealer catalog.
▪ The UK's largest supplier list. You'll be able to choose from more than 170,000 lists!
▪ Outdated website. It looks like eSources hasn't updated the look and feel of its site since it started its business. However, they do update their products and suppliers regularly.
Doba is a state-of-the-art dropshipping solution designed to make life easier for entrepreneurs. With a range of first-rated wholesale suppliers to choose from, you can have no problem finding dropshipping products for your company.
This vast product database gives you access to a range of online business suppliers. You can also place custom orders directly within Doba.
Doba allows you to find, list, and sell products in a matter of minutes. Try it free for 30 days and you can even get excellent analytics to track which of your products are delivering the best results for your business.
Instead of simply listing suppliers, Doba integrates with dropshippers, allowing you to place orders to multiple warehouses using its centralized interface. Membership also includes a Push-to-Market tool that automates the process of listing items on eBay.
While it's true that you can try Doba for free, it's worth noting that memberships can be quite expensive, starting at about $29 a month. This allows you to continue to access the exclusive supplier network.
▪ One of the largest supplier networks with over 2 million products
▪ The fast and convenient transportation process
▪ An easy-to-use interface for listing new products
▪ Email updates about hot products, discounts, and more
▪ Membership is quite expensive
Printful is one of the most popular on-demand printing suppliers in Europe and other countries/regions. They are almost ready to launch new distribution centers in the UK. Currently, they ship most of their UK products from European fulfillment centers, but they still fit perfectly into the list of UK dropshipping suppliers.
This POD affiliate offers the finest customized products. The easy-to-use model generator lets you design products with just a few clicks. You can then simply install an extension that installs the Printful application for Shopify or the plugin for WooCommerce to synchronize the printings to your e-commerce store. They also offer white label and branding options, as well as a 20% discount on bulk orders.
Printful does not charge VAT to people with a valid UK VAT ID, and you are responsible for VAT charges yourself, read this article to find out how VAT will be charged.
▪ Easy setup and performance
▪ No monthly fee or MQO
▪ High-quality products with white label products
▪ Provide brand services
▪ Integration with popular platforms
▪ Warranty policy for damaged/lost packages
▪ Mainly for designers and creatives
▪ Starting prices for some products are expensive
The SaleHoo wholesale directory requires users to purchase an annual membership and is a directory listing of verified suppliers and dropshippers. It has been in operation since 2005 and is based in New Zealand.
SaleHoo is a middleman, connecting numerous online traders and dropshippers with about 8,000 suppliers from more than 100 countries such as the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and China, handling countless products.
In fact, you can find multiple dropshipping suppliers on SaleHoo, just like you can with Avasam! Although SaleHoo is a company from New Zealand, they still offer a number of suppliers from the UK in their supplier directory.
▪ Vetted suppliers. You don't have to worry about being ripped off when you work with suppliers on SaleHoo. SaleHoo checks every supplier thoroughly before adding it to its supplier directory.
▪ 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like SaleHoo after trying it, you can just send them an email and get your money back.
▪ Good customer service. People who comment on SaleHoo on Trustpilot mostly talk about their great customer service team.
▪ This is just a supplier directory. Through an extensive (as Google) search, you can find a vendor for your product on your own.
You must notice that some platforms mentioned above have the Shopify app version so it can integrate well with Shopify. Other eCommerce platforms like Wix and WooCommerce are integrated with those suppliers' platforms and directory as well.
If you have a Shopify store then you know how its over 3,000 apps can help with your business - DSers is the top-ranked app among dropshipping apps. DSers is AliExpress official partner and allows you to place an unlimited amount of orders to AliExpress. If you don’t have a website for your online business, you can still use the CSV feature of DSers to help you automate your order fulfillment.
Dropshipping is a great way to grow your online business. Despite the growing pains of Brexit, you can take steps to alleviate the pain and negative impact so you can continue to run your business in the UK efficiently.