Dropshipping suppliers can reduce your stress and cost. Dropshipping involves working with independent companies that handle inventory and order fulfillment on your behalf. It eliminates the hassles of storing inventory, packaging, and shipping products.
When the UK leaves the EU VAT area, it will become a third country. This means changes happened to the way businesses manage VAT on goods and services they import to and from the EU. The seller will not charge VAT, but the buyer must pay VAT (and any applicable duties) to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) at the time of import.
The new law passed in the UK means VAT will be paid in advance at the time of import, rather than when the goods arrive at their final destination. This could have a huge impact on the international dropshipping suppliers as they will have to assess whether they can afford the advance payment of VAT when importing into the UK.
Fortunately, if your dropshipping business is aimed at the UK market and your supplier is based or has a warehouse in the UK, then the new VAT has no much influence on them and your business.
Yes, dropshipping UK can be profitable especially if your suppliers are based in the UK. To own a stable customer source, you need to increase the customer retention rate. Better product quality and faster delivery time help you establish a stable and trusting relationship between you and customers. Once your store is set up, all you need to do is add new products and ensure that your order is fulfilled correctly.
Dropshipping in the UK can be profitable and easy to start. To make it profitable, like any business, you need to find trustworthy suppliers in the UK. Find out how much they charge for the product and delivery, and then put a mark on that product so you can make money.
Read more for dropshipping apps recommendation: 7 Best Oberlo Alternatives for Both Shopify and WooCommerce Store
Like most dropshippers, your markup should be small, but the more you sell, the more money you make. Remember to consider the cost of any online store and delivery costs when selling products to ensure you make the most profit.
The question is, which suppliers are best for your dropshipping business?
For the dropshipping business, it is important not only to offer excellent products but also to offer fast shipping. Therefore, you need to create a list of UK dropshipping providers that you will be working with.
Here are the best places to look for authentic products from UK suppliers.
AliExpress is a very popular online shopping platform. It is the Business-to-Consumer as well as Business-to-Business subsidiary of Alibaba Group, one of the world's largest eCommerce companies. AliExpress is known for its low prices and high quality of the products. There are more suppliers than any platform on it so choices are endless.
You might wonder: AliExpress is based in China, so why it is presented here for finding UK suppliers? Well, that’s because there are still many suppliers that have their warehouses in the UK.
So why not consider the best dropshipping platform for the very first time? In AliExpress, you can also find other deals on multi-purpose beauty equipment, styling tools and accessories, and skincare tools which are stored in the UK warehouses!
▪ Lower prices. Products on AliExpress are often very reasonably priced. This will give you higher margins and make it easier to stay profitable.
▪ Niche products. AliExpress offers a catalog of arguably the most available products in the world. Even if these are limited to products that can be shipped from UK warehouses, the product selection is still very wide. You can also source those best-selling products in 2021 to get inspiration and improve your competitiveness.
▪ Cashback opportunities. If you don't know yet, you can get cashback on all AliExpress orders, which is very useful for saving some money.
▪ Customers on AliExpress. Because of its popularity, many consumers are now buying products on AliExpress as well. This makes it more difficult to build a customer base with products from AliExpress because your customers can buy the products directly on their own and find out you are dropshipping!
So before dropshipping on AliExpress, remember to leave a note to the suppliers to remind them that you are dropshipping and no brand label or invoice is needed in the packaged. Or you can learn the basics about private label products to get a brand reputation for your dropshipping.
Avasam is one of the best platforms for finding the best dropshipping suppliers in the UK. It allows you to build automated eCommerce businesses with fast shipping. It is responsible for everything from sourcing quality products to providing after-sales support.
Avasam offers a wide variety of product categories, most of which have margins of 40 percent, leaving room for dropshipping, advertising, and another marketing spending. Avasam displays the price of the source product as well as the RRP (Recommended Retail Price), so you can easily estimate the sale price.
You can use the listing manager on the administration dashboard to bring products into your store with just a few clicks.
If you choose standard shipping, the shipping time with an estimated delivery time of three to four days is charged at £2.99. If you want faster shipping (24 hours), you can use express shipping for £5.00.
With a rating of 4.4/5 on online reputation platforms, Avasam is a great choice for those targeting the UK audience. While you can use PayPal to accept payments on your chosen sales channel, Avasam does not accept PayPal on its platform to pay suppliers, so you will need to register a payment card.
▪ Customer service. When reviewing Avasam's reviews of Trustpilot, almost everyone mentioned their great customer service team.
▪ Proven UK suppliers. Due to Avasam's supplier's verification program, every supplier on the platform can be trusted.
▪ Integration. Avasam's integration possibilities are second to none. No other dropshipping platforms provider offers more than 60 integrations.
▪ The UK only. For now, Avasam is only shipping in the UK. They do not ship to other countries, such as the United States.
SourceLow is a free to use wholesale and dropshipping directory that connects business-to-business buyers with leading UK, US and China-based suppliers.
Featuring thousands of dropshipping suppliers and millions of low-cost wholesale products, SourceLow is the perfect platform for those who are looking to quickly find trusted suppliers in any niche, without having to pay membership fees.
Simply search for a product or niche and you will instantly be provided with a selection of top dropshipping suppliers in multiple locations. You can also filter the results by company type and location, such as ‘dropshippers in the uk’.
Aside from being a supplier directory, SourceLow is also a powerful learning platform with a huge collection of free guides and tutorials on building a successful dropshipping and ecommerce business.
▪ Free to use. Unlike other directories, SourceLow is completely free to use. There are no membership fees and you can quickly find suitable suppliers in minutes.
▪ Trusted suppliers. All of the suppliers on SourceLow are trusted and verified companies with true wholesale prices and high-quality products.
▪ Global directory, SourceLow has thousands of leading dropshipping suppliers from all over the globe including in the UK, US and EU.
▪ Not as large as other directories. SourceLow is still a relatively new company compared to other directories such as eSources. Therefore, they do not have not as many suppliers. However, the website is growing fast and new suppliers are added frequently.
When it comes to dropshipping tools designed to work with specific store building services, Modalyst is a plug-in designed specifically for Wix. This handy plugin helps automate your dropshipping selling business, connecting you to suppliers who can help your customers get the products they want. A variety of products are available, including accessories and jewelry.
Modalyst is an automated dropshipping app for online stores. It is known for offering products from Calvin Klein, DSquare, Dolce & Gabbana, and more well-known brands that shoppers will appreciate. Modalyst also provides a list of selected independent fashion brands for each target audience.
Modalyst is a very focused product that is very easy to use. You can contact vendors through a composite dashboard, and there's a mobile application if you need to check things out while on the go. Modalyst is also excellent and integrates with Wix with a single click. There are few simpler options around.
Modalyst has a free initial program that can help you get started exploring these services. But keep in mind that all tiers have a 5% transaction fee.
▪ A large number of quality products
▪ White label program for dropshipping
▪ High-profit margins
▪ Faster transportation
▪ Integration with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix
▪ Limited products in cheaper plans
▪ 5% transaction fee for all levels
BrandsGateway is one of the most reputable dropshipping suppliers specializing in luxury clothing and accessories. They offer a broad variety of high-end apparel items from prestigious brands such as Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, and Versace. Their products’ originality is guaranteed through their authenticity assurance, supplying their customers with 100% original fashion pieces.
Having their designer items on their shelves, store owners can generate considerable revenues, with profit margins reaching up to 250% per order. Features like automatic inventory updates and order placement make their plugin convenient to use and easy to install, allowing customers to manage their stores effortlessly. With warehouses across Europe and the US, BrandsGateway delivers to over 170 countries worldwide, providing clients the opportunity to reach a wide audience.
For entrepreneurs interested in selling high-quality clothing, which is certain to attract a great number of customers, BrandsGateway is just the right choice.
▪ No MOQ
▪ Over 12,000 designer items from more than 120 luxury brands
▪ New product arrivals weekly
▪ Plugin integration for Shopify, WooCommerce, Shift4Shop, and Wix-based online stores
▪ 14-day return policy and reliable shipping carriers
▪ 24/7 Customer Support
▪ 4.6 rating on Trustpilot
▪ Might be seen as expensive for beginner dropshippers
▪ Products go fast out of stock
eSources is one of the largest wholesale and dropshipping supplier catalogs. More than half of their catalog is made up of UK wholesalers, but they also have over 170K of dropshipping supplier listings!
eSources is also one of the most experienced directory services in the UK and has been developing its business since 2005. As a result, they are not lacking in both the number of suppliers and experience in the field.
In addition, eSources prevents middleman dropshipping vendors from being added by thoroughly examining them before adding them to the dropshipping dealer catalog.
▪ The UK's largest supplier list. You'll be able to choose from more than 170,000 lists!
▪ Outdated website. It looks like eSources hasn't updated the look and feel of its site since it started its business. However, they do update their products and suppliers regularly.
Doba is a state-of-the-art dropshipping solution designed to make life easier for entrepreneurs. With a range of first-rated wholesale suppliers to choose from, you can have no problem finding dropshipping products for your company.
This vast product database gives you access to a range of online business suppliers. You can also place custom orders directly within Doba.
Doba allows you to find, list, and sell products in a matter of minutes. Try it free for 30 days and you can even get excellent analytics to track which of your products are delivering the best results for your business.
Instead of simply listing suppliers, Doba integrates with dropshippers, allowing you to place orders to multiple warehouses using its centralized interface. Membership also includes a Push-to-Market tool that automates the process of listing items on eBay.
While it's true that you can try Doba for free, it's worth noting that memberships can be quite expensive, starting at about $29 a month. This allows you to continue to access the exclusive supplier network.
▪ One of the largest supplier networks with over 2 million products
▪ The fast and convenient transportation process
▪ An easy-to-use interface for listing new products
▪ Email updates about hot products, discounts, and more
▪ Membership is quite expensive
Printful is one of the most popular on-demand printing suppliers in Europe and other countries/regions. They are almost ready to launch new distribution centers in the UK. Currently, they ship most of their UK products from European fulfillment centers, but they still fit perfectly into the list of UK dropshipping suppliers.
This POD affiliate offers the finest customized products. The easy-to-use model generator lets you design products with just a few clicks. You can then simply install an extension that installs the Printful application for Shopify or the plugin for WooCommerce to synchronize the printings to your e-commerce store. They also offer white label and branding options, as well as a 20% discount on bulk orders.
Printful does not charge VAT to people with a valid UK VAT ID, and you are responsible for VAT charges yourself, read this article to find out how VAT will be charged.
▪ Easy setup and performance
▪ No monthly fee or MQO
▪ High-quality products with white label products
▪ Provide brand services
▪ Integration with popular platforms
▪ Warranty policy for damaged/lost packages
▪ Mainly for designers and creatives
▪ Starting prices for some products are expensive
The SaleHoo wholesale directory requires users to purchase an annual membership and is a directory listing of verified suppliers and dropshippers. It has been in operation since 2005 and is based in New Zealand.
SaleHoo is a middleman, connecting numerous online traders and dropshippers with about 8,000 suppliers from more than 100 countries such as the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and China, handling countless products.
In fact, you can find multiple dropshipping suppliers on SaleHoo, just like you can with Avasam! Although SaleHoo is a company from New Zealand, they still offer a number of suppliers from the UK in their supplier directory.
▪ Vetted suppliers. You don't have to worry about being ripped off when you work with suppliers on SaleHoo. SaleHoo checks every supplier thoroughly before adding it to its supplier directory.
▪ 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like SaleHoo after trying it, you can just send them an email and get your money back.
▪ Good customer service. People who comment on SaleHoo on Trustpilot mostly talk about their great customer service team.
▪ This is just a supplier directory. Through an extensive (as Google) search, you can find a vendor for your product on your own.
You must notice that some platforms mentioned above have the Shopify app version so it can integrate well with Shopify. Other eCommerce platforms like Wix and WooCommerce are integrated with those suppliers' platforms and directory as well.
Get Started Now to Grow Your Online Business with the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool - DSers!
If you have a Shopify store then you know how its over 3,000 apps can help with your business - DSers is the top-ranked app among the dropshipping apps. DSers is AliExpress official partner and allows you to place an unlimited amount of orders to AliExpress. If you don’t have a website for your online business, you can still use the CSV feature of DSers to help you automate your order fulfillment.
Dropshipping is a great way to grow your online business. Despite the growing pains of Brexit, you can take steps to alleviate the pain and negative impact so you can continue to run your business in the UK efficiently.